About


Lauren McEntee, 21. I blog about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and more! My passions are dance, makeup, clothes, television and film, food and cats.

Social



Lolocola
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 4 October 2015

September Favourites

September is one of my favourite months of the year.  The weather starts to get a bit cooler so you can layer up a bit more (and wear A/W clothes which are always my favourite) but it's not horribly cold yet.  Autumn is just such a lovely, cosy time of year and September is when it really starts to feel like Autumn.  I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't love Autumn!

The majority of my favourites this month are homeware items, and I'll only be writing about one beauty product so apologies if you prefer reading about makeup!


MAC Lipstick in "Sin"


MAC Sin Lipstick

This is my only beauty favourite this month.  "Sin" is a dark berry shade that is more purple toned than red.  It is a matte finish which is what I usually go for.  This quite a dramatic, gothic lip colour.  I don't think I would ever wear it during the day but I love it for nights out.  I picked this lipstick up while I was on holiday in Rome at the end of August, knowing that I would be reaching for darker lip colours from September onwards.


Penneys/Primark Extra Large Throw


Primark/Penneys Extra Large Throw

This is the cosiest thing I've ever owned.  I thought it would be about the size of my duvet (which is for a double bed) but it's nearly twice the size of it!  It's so soft and warm and it's just perfect for cuddling up on the couch or bed with a cup of tea and watching Netflix.  I actually have it over me as I'm writing this post!


Velvet Ghost Primark Collection


Primark Velvet Ghost Bedding

I fell in love with this whole collection when I first saw it on Instagram.  I bought the duvet set, the cat cushion and the sequin cushion as soon as they had them in stock.  I also really wanted the matching throw and the cat mug but unfortunately they didn't seem to get these items in stock in the Penneys on Mary Street, O'Connell Street or Blanchardstown.


Penneys/Primark Copper Fairy Lights


Primark/Penneys Copper Fairy Lights

How cute are these fairy lights?!  I bought these at the same time that I bought the Velvet Ghost stuff because there were fairy lights in that collection but I preferred these ones and they were cheaper too.  I always put fairy lights up in my room for Christmas but now I have ones that I can put up for Autumn (and probably the rest of the year) too.


Woodwick Trilogy Sonoma Sunset, Pumpkin Butter and Apple Crisp Scented Candle


Woodwick Trilogy Sonoma Sunset Pumpkin Butter Apple Crisp

This candle smells like Autumn.  It's amazing.  I'm terrible at describing scents so I won't even try, but it's a lovely warm, autumnal scent.  The jar that Woodwick candles come in is good strong glass and it makes a really nice addition to any room.  The special thing about Woodwick candles is the "X" shaped eh.. wood wick they have.  This makes a crackling sound when burning which helps create a nice cosy atmosphere.


If you liked this post and would like to see more, follow me on Bloglovin' or like my Facebook page!


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search