About


Lauren McEntee, 21. I blog about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and more! My passions are dance, makeup, clothes, television and film, food and cats.

Social



Lolocola
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 27 September 2015

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer Review

Another review this week!  I had actually planned a different post for this week so I'm writing this one at the last minute.


Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer Review

The only primer I've ever used is The Porefessional from Benefit which is amazing.  It is quite expensive though and I try to save it for special occasions so I wanted to find a cheaper primer that I could use on an everyday basis.  Rimmel have three different primers available as far as I know.  The Fix & Perfect Primer claims to do the most so that's the one I went for.

I've been using the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer for about two weeks now.  There is a list on the front of the tube of everything this primer is supposed to do so I thought I would go through each of those claims one by one in this review.
First up is "Smoothes" which it definitely does.  Next on the list is "Resurfaces" which again, it definitely does.  I feel like those two points are kind of the same though?  Anyway, the primer creates a nice smooth, even base for your foundation.  Next up we have "Brightens", which I don't think it does.  I don't mind though because I use the Boots Botanics Radiance Balm to brighten my skin anyway so I wasn't looking for a brightening primer.  The next claim is that it "Mattifies" which it does a little bit.  This is a bonus, but I wouldn't go out and buy it purely for its mattifying qualities.  The last claim on the list is that is "Protects".  This one I'm not so sure about as it's the kind of thing you would probably have to do proper research into before you could say whether it really does protect your skin or not.  For my skin's sake I hope it does!

To sum up, I really like this primer.  I don't love it, and I definitely won't be abandoning my Porefessional for it, but for the price it is a good primer.  I can't say whether it makes my makeup last longer or not because my Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation always lasts all day/night and I haven't put it to the test with a cheaper foundation yet (just because I'm not using one at the moment).  However, it does create a bit of a barrier between your skin and your makeup, and the perfect base for your foundation.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer is usually €8.99 but Boots have a 2 for €12 offer on most Rimmel makeup at the moment.


If you liked this post and would like to see more, follow me on Bloglovin' or like my Facebook page!


Share to Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. I'm really liking this primer as well. Like you say, it's not the best out there, but it's very affordable and good value, so it's been my go-to for the past few months x

    | www.ibelieveinromeo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brightens seems to be a skincare/cosmetic buzzword lately! They're all claiming that they brighten the complexion but so few actually do. This sounds like good value for money though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah everything is claiming to be "brightening", "radiating" or "illuminating" at the moment! I'd say it's because strobing is currently the big thing..

      Delete

Popular Posts

Search